Sunday, September 28, 2008

Bail-Out Mortgage Holders?

This following article is from a contributor to Portside - http://www.portside.org/. To Blakley's suggestions, I add that Congress should also consider giving a tax break for those who rent. This would enable them to save for a down-payment to purchase in future.

From Sandra Blakely

Re: Wall Street Bailout

If anyone was watching The View the other day, Whoopi Goldberg made an interesting suggestion. As I heard it, she said that Wall Street may or may not need to be bailed out, but if they are, than every American with a mortgage should have their mortgage cut in half. The audience was ecstatic, and so was I. I wouldn't be
trying to sell my house if I received a government bailout. As a single women, this economy is killing me, and single women homeowners are being adversely hit
in this vile market.

No comments: